There are presently no open calls for submissions.
- We are currently taking submissions for our Winter 2013 issue. Submissions close on Saturday, December 21. The issue is then set to release on February 21. The deadline for submissions for the 2014 Erotica issue is May 15, 2014, and the issue is set to come out in July of 2014.
- Do not submit work for the quarterly issue to our erotica issue. Just sign up for our mailing list and we'll let you know when we're taking quarterly submissions again. Likewise, please only submit works you consider erotic to the erotica issue.
All submissions must be your original work.
Our editors will try to respond to you within a timeframe of 2-3 months or less. For the erotica issue, this is a longer timeframe.
Wilde Magazine is a magazine by and for the LGBTQIA* community. While we might accept submissions from straight allies, our focus is on work from those in the queer community. Other than that, we seek a wide diversity is ethnicities, cultures, genders, religions, etc. We want to take an intersectional approach to our publication.
Work with sexual themes/nudity is permitted, so long as it is tasteful.
No simultaneous submissions or previously published work. What this means: If a piece is being considered by another magazine currently, do not send it to us. And if you do submit something to us, do not submit it anywhere else until we are done considering it.
- At Wilde Magazine, we want to see you succeed as an artist or writer. Therefore, if we feel your piece has potential, we will e-mail you back with suggested revisions or critique based on the opinion of our staff.
- Make sure images are high resolution - no less than 300 dpi. Images with a lower resolution will be rejected and a higher resolution version will be requested. Please, check your work's resolution before submitting!
- Make sure the titles of your pieces are explicitly stated somewhere in your submission
- For each type of submission, poetry, prose, art, attach all files to one submission. Do not submit each piece of the same category individually!
- Please make sure to read the individual category-specific guidelines located by each submission category.
- Failure to adhere to any of these guidelines will lead to automatic rejection.
- Prose Submissions: Maximum of 5,000 words. Don't bother sending us anything longer. Only 1 short story submission per person, per issue. Include the piece's word count either on the document or in the cover letter.
- Poetry Submissions: Each poem must be a separate file within the same submission. You can submit up to 5 poems. Make sure titles are obviously stated in the document or cover letter.
- Art Submissions: Pieces must have a resolution minimum of 300 dpi. If it's not 300 dpi, don't submit it. Maximum of 5 submissions. Make each piece an individual file. State titles in your cover letter.
Once a year in the summer Wilde Magazine will publish an erotica issue. This issue will contain work of a sexual nature.
Our mission with this issue is to present queer sex separate from a heterosexual model, and free from problematic ideologies such as sexism which manage to manifest themselves in many same-sex presentations of sexuality.
Please note that this is not a place to submit analyses of queer sexuality, but rather a place to submit art and writing that presents queer sexuality in a way that is arousing but still true to reality and desires of queer individuals.
All the same rules apply, except that work must qualify as erotica. Response time will take longer than our quarterly issues.
Wilde Magazine Publishing Rights
By submitting to Wilde Magazine, you confirm that the work submitted is original work created by you, the submitter.
You grant Wilde Magazine North American Serial Rights; therefore, following publication in Wilde Magazine, all rights revert back to you and your work may be published elsewhere and we will no longer retain copyright over it.
By submitting, you give us permission to use your name and biographical information on ours or any of our affiliated sites, and in external marketing efforts in social media. The information we use will be the name you attach to your submission and the cover letter.
Your work may be edited prior to publication, primarily copyediting for punctuation, correct spelling and grammar, and formatting.
In terms of formatting, your work may be subject to being overlaid with text for information, or even to have an overlay of poetry or prose. We seek to create an artistic composition of art and writing within the magazine.
You understand Wilde Magazine offers no monetary compensation, but as a contributor, you will receive a digital copy of the magazine.
By submitting, you confirm your understanding and agreement to these terms.